DV Coach Sports Video EditingAnalysis System
DV Coach is the latest digital video and statistics package from ProWess Sports from Australia and Planet Hoops is proud to be a distributor for this excellent product.
This software is recognized as being a world leader in the field of sports analysis. From professional and elite teams, colleges and even high school level teams,
Digital Video Coach can be tailored to meet your needs.
Click on the following to go to Prowess of Australia, the Pioneers in Digital Video Technology: Prowess Australia Main Page
All coaches have long recognized the value of video analysis and statistics as important coaching tools. DV Coach provides both of these features. At the game data entry and statistical reporting facilities provide coaches with instant access to statistical information at any time during a game.
After the game, the DV Coach video editing features allow a coach to sort and review the game video nearly instantly, without any of the time consuming rewinding or fast-forwarding of video tape.
ProWess Sports have been providing statistical and video analysis solutions to Elite and Professional sporting team since 1987 (mainly in Australia and Europe). We bring a wealth of experience and knowledge in this market and some new concepts and innovative ideas that are sure to take your sport to another level.
We expect Statsmaster/DV Coach to set new standards in game analysis with our fully integrated statistics and video editing system. Our unique and pioneering digital solution offers instant and selective access to any event with the ability to group video clips and analyse on a range of parameters (e.g. shots attempted and made, rebounds, fouls - in fact anything), as well as the ability to build motivational "highlight clips" for the team and individual players.
Professional teams around the world have taken advantage of what Statsmaster/DV Coach offers in analysis and preparation for the teams in the area of statistical analysis and integrated video processing.
Statsmaster/DV Coach is a suite of software modules that provide an efficient and accurate method of collecting qualitative and quantitative statistical data.
It has revolutionized game analysis by streamlining the traditionally time-intensive video cutup process for self and opponent scouting.
These statistics data are stored in a modular, well-organised database, which can be distributed quickly and reliably to any number of access points for inquiry.
The statistical data can be reported and presented in any number of ways, depending on your preferences. Each recorded event is timecoded, which is instantly linked to the video footage In simple terms, the Statsmaster/DV Coach system :
* Uses a range of entry methods to collect statistical data live (at-match) or back-office.
* Directly updates this statistical information into a secured, flexible database.
* Automatically collates the totals by player, team and statistic for instant feedback.
* Links this statistical data to the video timecodes for immediate referencing of the events visually.
* Utilises the latest video technology to provide an efficient and reliable means of processing the video footage using a range of methods being :
1. CD-ROM (MPEG-1)
2. High quality digital (MPEG-2 or AVI)
3. Or, traditional analogue (linear)
* DV Coach provides a range of powerful and flexible statistical reports that can customized for the specific requirements.
* DV Coach provides a number of options to further enhance the presentation of the statistics and video, such as report writers, titling/graphics modules,etc.
* DV Coach ensures the user flexibility to adjust the system to suit specific purposes, whether it is in the office, at the venue or on the road.
Features and Benefits
Statsmaster/DV Coach has the capability of revolutionizing the way you team will approach the game in preparation, decision-making and post-game analysis.
In essence, you can expect the system to provide the following advantages to your team :
* DV Coach will improve the quality of statistical feedback at all levels
* DV Coach provides this data in a prompt and efficient method for usage
* DV Coach automatically links this statistical data to the video footage
* DV Coach allows your support staff to collect and report data that previously was too difficult to do manually
* DV Coach allows your coaching staff to dedicate more time in other important areas
* DV Coach provides specific feedback to your players to help improve their weaknesses
* DV Coach allows you to easily spot opposition strengths and weaknesses in preparation for upcoming matches
* DV Coach can quickly identify trends and patterns of play from the statistical analysis
* DV Coach provides convenient access to a central bureau which will save time in analysing the opposition
* DV Coach provides a system to automatically collect and record your own interpretations and methodologies.
Traditional (Linear) or Digital
To date, video footage has been primarily stored on analogue video tape using VHS format.
Recent advances in technology have allowed this footage to be "digitised" and stored on a disk.
The advantages of using digital format are obvious, namely:
* Instant replays (no fast-forward/rewind, etc)
* Improved picture quality (from VHS up to broadcast)
* No degradation in quality when copied
* Life of the computer disk
* Storage is more convenient
* The ease of copying a file
* Savings in processing time is dramatic (at least 50%)
* Slow-Mo and freeze frames are excellent
The considerations are that not everyone is in a position to use this technology, however this is slowly changing.
Nearly all households and offices still use traditional video tape and most service providers and libraries still distribute their footage on VHS tape.
Digital format is normally AVI (DV), MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 and stored either on the hard disk, CD-ROM or DVD.
Consider these AdvantagesFully Integrated Stats & Video
with every logged statistics link to the video clip and available on demand at any time.
Desktop or Portable options
Allows you to choose when and where you need to use whether it be at back-office, home, courtside or at training sessions.
Flexibility & Modularity
Because all coaches have different methodologies, we have ensured to provide a module and flexible solution to suit every coach's special requirements
DV Coach supports a unique and exclusive interface to the world leading CyberSports program. Any compatible game file can be imported and used for analysis and video editing instantly!
Choose your AV options to suit
MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, S-VHS, Beta cam - you name it we can provide a system that will give you
Sophisticated Editing Options
You play events at your own specified parameters or you can use our pre/post play method to save time. We are the only company to boast an "intelligent editing" Option
Cost Effective Solutions
Statsmaster/DV Coach provides unrivalled value for money compared to it's competitors and gives you excellent "bang for bucks"
Gives you the power to use the system throughout all your departments and share the valuable statistical data and video footage as required
Whole Season Online
If you wish you can have the whole season on-line and accessible with statistics and video footage
Player Season Highlight Clips
You can easily create and retain player highlights that can reviewed by coaches and players at any stage
With CyberSports, there are a range of comprehensive reports that will suit most coaches and strategists, however with Statsmaster/DV Coach's own report designer you are not restricted and you can design custom reports to suit your needs!
Unrivalled Video Control
All functions you would expect with digital editing such as instant go-tos, frame by frame, Slo-mo, fast shuttle, reverse and more !!!!!
Security and Integrity
Assured and is an important consideration for this sensitive data that will give your team a winning edge
Remote Transfer Options
Allow you to send secured statistical data over the internet
Flexible Entry Options
Mouse, touch screen, special keyboard or voice recognition for entering stats for your convenience and to suit your purposes.
Features, Functions and Hi-lights
* View prior games and scout oppositions strength & weaknesses
* Create your own player highlights footage
* Cross-reference statistics to video to pin-point team strategies
* Create edits for practice and individual workouts
* Create opponent highlight tapes to give to your players to study
* Use the voice dubbing function to put your own coaches comments on the footage
* Print player/team report cards & head to head edge reports
* Quickly and easily prepare video highlights packages for team meetings
* Prepare motivational highlight video footage with special effects
At Game Usage (CyberSports/Statsmaster/DV Coach Combo)
* Instant game stats: One game, series, or season
* Match & Media Analysis Reports
* Replay highlights at any stage of logged events
* Record you own set plays that can be linked to replay footage at any stage (eg. during breaks). This can include success/failure indicators of each set play.
* Record your opponents set plays and strategies
* Program your own team rules or "coaching comments" for reference for Post Game
* Prepare opponent highlights over multiple games
* Prepare scouting reports detailing player and team strengths and weaknesses
* Establish patterns of play and trends with video referencing for instant verification
* Prepare for every offensive set, defensive scheme and play call
* Create daily practice video based on opponent tendencies
* Player Development
* Evaluate team and individual players
* Use coach's voice to guide players through the video edit
* Create customized player programs
* Set goals and revise on regular basis
* Create pre-season training videos and digital playbooks
* Keep the season on-line for the players to review
* Develop seasonal recruiting videos
* Use CyberSports game files from any source to import other stats
* Keep a progressive report card on potential recruits
DV Coach Handheld-PDA
ProWess is leading the way in using handheld technology with a unique scouting tool that will revolutionize the way events are logged for statistics and video editing.
Using the latest developments in WAP technology, coaches and scouts can use a convenient and cost effective method of event logging.
Expect to hear about this fantastic new concept in soon.
Configurations and Screenshots
At-Game Electronic Scoresheet
This can be used for Live Logging as the match is in progress to record the statistical events directly into the DV Coach database using the specially configured custom keyboard, mouse entry or Voice Recognition entry.
The system has a number of innovative features such as ball-tracking, built in "smarts" to make entry easier.
As you enter the data, transactions are created and they are automatically timecoded for instant video referencing and recall.
* Ball tracking or player tracking
* Play by play timecoded transactions recorded as you log statistics
* Configurable buttons or you can use a custom keyboard
* Video capture/display as you go
The Desktop and Laptop Solution
Video can be replayed through traditional video monitors or through your computer screen. This is the Traditional Back-Office environment using desktop or notebook PCs.
On screen video control allows you to easily move around the video footage and replay events at a touch of a button.